Tuesday 10 November 2015

Harley Quinn and Joker



Okay, I have done some controversial shoots before now but this one may take the prize. I'm going up against the most aggressive sector in any social group: Fans! In particular, DC comic fans. I'm saying that my Joker is better than the new Justice League Joker. Bring it on fanboys, I can take it!



The design of Jared Leto's forthcoming Joker in Warner Bros new Justice League movie has been divisive if nothing else, with some claiming it is a revolutionary design and others yelling that it's atrocious. I'm of the latter opinion.



When Faye contacted me to suggest a Harley Quinn shoot, I immediately accepted and thought it would be a great opportunity to have a go at my own interpretation of the Joker. Aedea was more than willing to supply his versatile features for the role. Being something of a traditionalist, I figured I would tackle the Joker from the Moore / Bolland Killing Joke era; pure white skin, purple suit, deadly grin, and of course ultra-violent and psychopathic.



Faye's Harley was very much her own, inspired by the forthcoming movie. I must say the new Harley design is great, and I'm please Faye went along these lines instead of the Halloween red catsuit style. The result is an homage to the new movie's Harley and a direct "rejection" to the new movie's Joker.



Enjoy!













2 comments:

  1. ford fusion titanium for sale | TITIAN ART INC - Trademark
    FORD Fusion titanium rod in leg Titanium. raft titanium This is a custom made ceramic art piece. The artwork titanium build for kodi is fully printed and hand-made burnt titanium with laser-cut $1.99 snow peak titanium spork · ‎In stock

    ReplyDelete