Monday 9 November 2015

Haunted and Tormented Ghost

This is my first real attempt at a ghost creation. I knew from the start I didn't want to do the cliché thing of setting the ghost on a transparent layer with some creepy old background showing through. Instead I really just wanted to show the character "in the flesh". Luckily, my wife Claire recently acquired an old wedding dress from a charity shop and so we set up this haunted character shoot.

I have a tradition of shooting in the dark with inky blackness surrounding my characters, but just for a change, I decided to shoot this subject in two parts: Firstly under high key lighting with pure white background and then in my regular style of darkness and low key lighting. The effects are very different and give interesting contrasts to the character.


















No comments:

Post a Comment